A collection of Read more [...]
YOUTH VIRGINIA REGIMENT
History Club / Reenactment Group
“Ambassadors of 18th Century American History”
The YVR is a Youth (8-13) Representative Living History Reenactment Group, portraying multiple Figures and Personas of American Revolution, including, but not limited to Soldiers and Civilians of both sides of the Conflict.
The mission of the YVR to Educate Youth in American History and Culture pertaining to the Revolutionary War is achieved by Youth teaching other Youth.
The YVR conducts presentations at:
● Public Historic Events.
● Public Schools.
● Historic Reenactments.
● Ceremonies, Parades.
● 18th Century Encampment: Small or Large
● 18th Century Games (Youth Lead)
● Drill & Soldier Station (Youth Lead)
● Uniforms/Gear 18th Century Clothing (Youth Lead)
● Cartridge Rolling, 18th Century Weapons (Youth Lead)
● Butter Churning (Youth Lead)
● Historical Figures/Presentations (Youth Presentations)
● 18th Century Cooking/Camp Life (Youth Lead, Adult Supervised)
● 18th Century Music/Dance (Youth Lead, Adult Supervised)
● Tomahawk Throwing (Adult Lead) *Safe/Requires Clear Backdrop
● Bayonet Training (Adult Lead)
● Tent Setup Station (Youth Lead, Adult Supervised) *Space/Time Consuming.
►AMERICAN REVOLUTION CAMP:
The YVR conducts an American Revolution Immersion Camp, generally in Spring & Fall, in the Chesapeake, VA area. For more information, please join the FaceBook Group:
►YVR YOU-TUBE (VIDEO) CHANNEL:
►JOINING THE YVR:
Enlist in the American Revolution Continental Army or take on the role of Camp Follower or other Historic Figure.
Open enrollment for Boys & Girls ages 8-13.
*UNIFORMS & GEAR PROVIDED*
If your child is interested in joining, please join our Private GROUP (You will find “Files” with detailed information:
“Bring Fun to Learning”
Hands on Learning & Participation.
YVR Activities include:
● Living History / Reenactments.
● Regular Meetings with Interactive Classes and Activities.
● Site Visits to Historic Locations & Museums.
● Research & Development of their Role.
● Marching & Drill.
● Public Ceremonies.
● Education to Schools & other Groups.
● Earn Rank & Achievement.
● Receive Recognition & Community Admiration.
-“Once a child is given a uniform, gear and knowledge, they will experience an excitement both in their play and the attention given them from others! This will fuel the fire to learn more!”
-“When a child has a “living experience” by participation, they won’t have to remember a historic event, they will simple recall what they experienced firsthand!”
Recruiting: Please message us through Face-Book or Contact direct:
(Tom Sasso) email@example.com
Yours in Service!
South-East Virginia. Youth 8-13. Uniforms/Gear Provided.